Just so we're clear, I don't work in the Capitol. I work in the Russell Senate Office Building, which is just north of the Capitol, across the street. It's connected to the Capitol by an tunnel, which includes both a walkway and a monorail.
However, for not working in the Capitol, I sure get lost in it a lot. Twice in two days, as a matter of fact. It's amazing how easy it is to get lost when no one stops you from going into the restricted areas. I saw a couple people I recognized: Patrick Leahy and Lindsey Graham. At least that's who I think they were. And to avoid confusion, I will point out that these were two separate occasions. So no running of to the press with "Murray staffer says Leahy and Graham in cahoots!"
I also spent a lot of time answer phones and writing letters. Did you know that 43% of our refined oil comes from the Gulf Coast? I do. Now.
In other news, I think I'm getting a blister, and the food I bought at the grocery store ran out. Note to self: buy more than a pizza and a box of microwavable quesadillas next week.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And now, startling confession from Murray staffer: "Leahy and Graham in cahoots!"
You might want to have phrased that better. But seriously, a tunnel with a walkway and a monorail? In a TUNNEL? Well, I guess monorails don't have to be raised. But still, too cool.
TIP: Compeed products for blisters. At the drugstore, look for any bandaid product with Compeed technology. Expensive, but instant, blissful relief. I'm not paid for this, btw, they just work!
Post a Comment